Friday, July 24, 2009

The Resignation

As the sun came up this morning,
it brought promise in it's magnificent glow,
as warmth filtered throught the room,
I knew it was time to go.

I'm beginning to feel much better
about 'most everything I do,
I'm more confident and self-assured,
and I owe it all to you.

Don't think of me as ungrateful,
as I leave you here today,
all things are but for a moment...
and I was never meant to stay.

I'll be grateful to you forever,
but I must follow my guiding star,
I must be who I am...
just as you must be who you are.

Don't shed tears for my absence,
among tears, smiles can never grow,
they are thistles among the flowers,
or cinders on pure white snow.

Be happy we loved each other,
but make room inside your heart,
for another love on the horizon
a new life...and a brand new start.


Shirley Cochran-Walls

No comments:

Post a Comment